Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shamcey Supsup still a winner for Pinoys

Guest Post by: Mimi's Friends

Before the pageant starts, well, more Filipinos are excited to see and witness how our pride will bestow her ability, her intelligence, her stunning beauty and grace.
Filipinos posed for a while, gazed and focused on the television just to watch Miss Univerese 2011 and praying for Miss Shamcey’s success.

Shamcey Supsup may not have taken the vague international beauty title but to a lot of Filipinos, she still is a true winner.

Shamcey Supsup, who was described as having a "mega-watt smile" during the pageant also placed second in the competition's online ranking for the evening gown. Out of 89 candidates, Supsup, 25, placed third runner-up in the Miss Universe 2011 pageant held in Sao Paolo, Brazil. Shamcey is the lone candidate who did not seek the help of an interpreter during the final Q& A.

Question: Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person you love? Why or why not?

Miss Philippines - Shamcey Supsup Answer: If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God who created me and I have my faith and my principles and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too.

-She made a good answer! -

In a Yahoo! Philippines OMG! Poll, majority of the respondents believed Supsup would make it.

Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said in a statement. "In our eyes, that is the true victory today—that the world stood witness to and found an appreciation for the ideals, values, and beauty that has long characterized our nation," 

- OPRAH on NBC few hours ago: "If the only basis is the Q and A portion, after having been trimmed down to 5, Ms. Philippines deserved to win. What made her different from the rest is that she had no seconds to rethink of her answer as she had no interpreter to break the ice. The rest had their interpreters and having breaks on seconds to think about their answers. Ms. Philippines answered straight to the point."-






No comments: